Saturday, December 7, 2013

Saturday 9

Stand by Me





Welcome to Saturday: 9.  What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions  every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random  questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants  posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your  choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


1) "Stand by Me" is one of the songs John Lennon did at his last public performance back in 1975. First recorded by Ben E. King, "Stand by Me" was also covered by Mickey Gilley and Otis Redding, among others. Can you think of another song that has been recorded and then re-recorded by someone else?

The only one coming to mind is Uncle Kracker re-recording "Drift Away" featuring Dobie Gray.

2) The lyrics say, "Whenever you're in trouble, you can stand by me." Tell us about someone you know you can count on.

My husband.  He always has been there for me and I know he always will be.

3) While "Stand by Me" was solo Lennon, John is best known as one of the Beatles. Which group do you listen to more often -- The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?

Probably The Beatles.
4) Lennon liked to tell how, when he and Paul McCartney were teens, Paul's father used to discourage friendship between the boys. Paul ignored his dad's advice and the result is the most successful songwriting partnership of the 20th century. Tell us about a piece of advice you're glad you ignored.

I've been told, many times, to be the bigger person.  I usually am, but a while back, I was tired of being the bigger person, finally stood up for myself and said some things that needed to be said.

5) John loved cats. When he was a teenager, he first met his favorite, a stray he named Tich, in the snow and gave the cat a safe, lifelong home. John was very proud that Tich lived to be 20 years old. Tell us about a pet who has a place in your heart.

My dog, Cloz'r.  She's my first baby and we've had her for 11 years.  She's been my cuddle buddy, my protector, my kids' protector, and even my shoulder to cry on, when I needed to cry but didn't want to cry to anyone.
6) John unsuccessfully tried hypnosis in his quest to stop smoking. Have you ever been hypnotized?

I tried it once but it didn't work.

7) John has been inducted into both the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame. What Hall of Fame would like to see yourself in?

I don't know.

8) John had a passion for slot cars and raced them on an elaborate track in his game room. What games or toys do you still enjoy?

I like to play Yahtzee and Monopoly, and Candyland with my daughter. :)

9) John wrote about his jealous streak. What personality trait of yours do you wish you could change?

Sometimes I wish I had thicker skin.  I let things people do and say hurt me more than I should.

2 comments:

  1. Candyland! I haven't thought about that game in ages! Do you guys play Chutes & Ladders, too?

    ReplyDelete