Saturday, May 10, 2014

Saturday 9

Your Mama Don't Dance





Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!






Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.



1) This song is about how the older generation often doesn't understand what the younger generation is up to. Do you keep up with trends?

Not really.

2) This song was in the top 10 in 1972, which is also the year HBO was introduced. Do you have any premium cable channels?

Yes.

3) Mother Winters taught Sam how to kill the lingering food smells in her microwave (take a bowl of water, add a few drops of vanilla extract, and heat it in the microwave). Do you have any useful household hints to pass along?

I just started freezing cubes of vinegar with bits of lemon it them to use in the garbage disposal.  They freshen it while sharpening the blades.

4) The French word for "mother" is "mère." What other French words do you know?

Frere Jacques, parlez voux 

5) Flowers and plants are popular on Mother's Day. How is your yard or garden? Is it green and/or blooming?

It's not doing much of anything right now.  I need to get out and give my flowers a little TLC.

6) Mother's Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and St. Patrick's Day. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from "Congratulations on Your New Job" to "Happy Retirement." Who received the most recent card you bought?

My mom.

7) Have you put away your winter clothes yet?

No.

8) Mother Winters used to scold Sam for leaving her dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as a grown up, she's still a bit of a slob. Do lean toward "neat" or "messy?"

Neat.  There are messy/cluttered spots but I try to keep everything pretty neat.

9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away candy bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate with almonds?

Milk chocolate.

7 comments:

  1. That's a genius idea with the ice cubes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll make a card for my mom for Mother's Day. I better get to work on that!

    I hope you can stop by and visit and maybe even sign up for my favorite color swap!

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2014/05/saturday-9-your-mama-dont-dance-51014.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I freeze a lot of things cube size to save them from going bad. I give the dogs pumpkin and I freeze the rest in cube size so it won't get lost and forgotten in the refrigerator. In the summer they like the frozen consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice cubes and lemon are wonderful for the disposal. I do those all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I was more organized/less messy at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tip, will have to remember that if my next house has a garbage disposal.

    ReplyDelete