Sunday, August 10, 2014

So, This Happened

Every morning I wake up to hearing Lucas getting out of bed and saying, "Dood morning, Mama.  I'm awake!"  This morning was no different.  I heard him say my name so I got out of bed and headed to his room.  When I got there, though, he wasn't just waiting by the door.  He was sitting on the changing table, covered head to toe (and everywhere in between) in lotion.  "Dood morning, Mama!"  He had climbed the table, reached over to the basket on his dresser and decided to help himself to some lotion.  The funny thing is, as I was headed to bed last night, after I checked in on him and was stepping over the baby gate in his doorway, I was wondering how long we'd need to have that up.  We never used a baby gate in Lauryn's doorway because as soon as she woke up, she came right into our room and woke me up.  She never wandered around or got into anything.  Lucas, however, has had a gate since the day he could get out of his bed.  I knew he'd be into everything possible, if he had access to the house while we were sleeping.  Apparently I need to make sure the things on his dresser are put away every night now, so this doesn't happen again:

 

photo 1photo 2

You know how grandparents joke about hoping their grandchildren give their parents the same troubles that their parents gave to them?  Yeah, well I didn't do anything like this when I was little.  I was a sweet, shy little girl who didn't do a lot of naughty stuff at all (so I'm told).  Lucas seems to have a little bit of my aunt and my brothers in him.  All of whom know exactly why I say that! ;)  After getting him into the tub, washing all the lotion off of him and getting him dressed, I let out a big sigh as we were leaving his room.  He looked at me and said, "Just laugh about it, Mama."  Stinker!

8 comments:

  1. So are you laughing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! He just wanted to have mega soft hair! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahahahaha!!!! Ok, now that that is out of my system, I hope the rest of your day was smooth sailing. What a stinker for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom ~ Not yet...but I'm sure I will eventually. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt Sara ~ Well, I guess I can't blame him for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cary ~ Yep, I think I'll be saying that a lot in the future. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl ~ Somehow, when I posted this, I just knew you were going to laugh. LOL The rest of day was pretty great! ;)

    ReplyDelete