Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

It's been too long since I've updated my blog!   We had a fun weekend with family and friends!  It started Friday night, when Lauryn and I met up with Kristin, Nikki, Cheryl and Alan, and all the kids to watch the twilight parade.  This is our third year going and even though it's not a very long parade, I love to see all the floats and people decked out in glow necklaces, bracelets, glasses, etc.  This years theme was Christmas.  Not my favorite but since they didn't play tons of music, it wasn't too bad. :)  On Saturday we took the kids down to the fair.  We met up with the Hughes clan and rode a bunch of rides.  Lucas had a good time riding the kiddie rides and Lauryn rode some of the bigger rides with me.  Just as we were deciding it was time to head home, the skies opened up and poured!  We got drenched but it was still fun.  :)  After we got home and all got dry clothes on, my mom came over and she and I headed to pick up my brother, Jayson.  We came back and grilled hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner.  We had a great evening, sitting on the deck and visiting.  Sunday we decided to go to the museum.  It's been ages since I've been through the main part of the museum.  I've taken the kids to the Exploration Lab a few times so it was nice to see go through all of it and see the history of my little town.  We ended it at the Exploration Lab so the kids could play for a bit.  My mom came back over and we grilled steaks, had a yummy, cheesy macaroni salad my mom made, and finished it with a delicious Butterfinger pudding.  After dinner was cleaned up, we played in the yard for a bit and then headed downtown for the fireworks.  We had the same spot as last year and there was plenty of room for Cheryl, Alan, the boys, and their friends to join us.  It was another great show, as it is every year.  We went back home, got the kids in bed and visited on the deck again for a bit.  Monday morning started with my crock pot breakfast.  We got ready and headed back downtown for the parade.  We met up again with Cheryl, Alan and the kids and watched the parade.  The kids had a great time and got quite a bit of candy.  After the parade I took my brother back home then we relaxed for the rest of the day.IMG_8604IMG_8606

[caption id="attachment_5086" align="aligncenter" width="224"]Gone fishin' Gone fishin'[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_5087" align="aligncenter" width="224"]Selling produce to Uncle Jay Selling produce to Uncle Jay[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_5088" align="aligncenter" width="224"]Sizing up the dinosaur footprint Sizing up the dinosaur footprint[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_5089" align="aligncenter" width="224"]Trying so hard to reach the Chinese lanterns that kept flying overhead Trying so hard to reach the Chinese lanterns that kept flying overhead[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_5092" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Ready and waiting Ready and waiting[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_5093" align="aligncenter" width="224"]Lauryn and Smokey the Bear Lauryn and Smokey the Bear[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_5096" align="aligncenter" width="300"]I thought this was the coolest float.  A little of our towns history added with the leg lamp from "A Christmas Story" I thought this was the coolest float. A little of our towns history added with the leg lamp from "A Christmas Story"[/caption]

 

 





1 comment:

  1. It was a fun weekend. I'm so glad we were able to meet up as often as we did. :) Had the rain held out it would have been even better. haha

    ReplyDelete