Monday, October 13, 2014

Another Great Weekend

I absolutely love our weekends!  Whether we make plans or just stay at home, I love spending time with my family.  This past weekend was no exception.  We started with "Nana Friday" where my mom comes over to spend some time with us and we eat dinner together.  Lloyd surprised Lauryn by taking her to the Belding football game to watch one of our favorite players, the Brim Reaper.  :)  She was thrilled!1111

Saturday started off with Lloyd making a yummy breakfast of omelets, brown sugar baked bacon and toast, and I did some cleaning and laundry.  In the afternoon we got a visit from one of my favorite people in the world, my cousin Ashley, and her equally cool boyfriend, Matt.  They came to share the good news that they'd gotten engaged!  I was so beyond excited for them!  I can't wait to see my beautiful cousin walk down the aisle!  After a nice visit, they headed out and my mom came over to watch  the kids.  Lloyd and I went to Allendale to pick up his sweet cousin, Jordynn.  We got to see her dorm and then we all went to Uccello's for a yummy dinner.  The service was less than impressive but the food was great.  We had a really nice time catching up with her!  We took her back home and then headed home ourselves.

Yesterday was a pretty lazy day.  We went and got a ton of groceries, Lauryn went to the neighbors for  a couple of hours to play with her friend, Sophie, and I made General Tso's Chicken and homemade crab rangoons for  dinner.  The rest of the night was spent hanging with the kids and watching some Sunday night shows.  It was a nice, relaxing way to wrap up the weekend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment