Monday, March 16, 2015

Weekend In Review

Weekend In Review

To share your weekend, please visit Jodi at:

Friday ~ I kept Lauryn home from school because she'd had a slight fever and had been up a couple of times in the night with an aching ear.  I was pretty sure she had her first ear infection, which the doctor confirmed at her appointment later in the afternoon.  Luckily she didn't seem to be too bothered by it and, other than taking a nap in the afternoon, she was pretty much herself all day.  My mom came over for Nana Friday and we had a nice ham dinner with a honey ham I'd cooked in the crock pot, homemade mashed potatoes, ham gravy and my home canned sweet corn.

Saturday ~ The day started out with Lloyd heading to an appointment and then coming home and taking Ahb's to the vet.  He'd found a lump on her jaw the night before and we realized she wasn't able to stick her tongue out and was having  a difficult time swallowing.  Sadly, our spunky 19 year old cat wasn't able to come back home.  She had cancer and had to be put down.  It was very unexpected and sad.  The kids handled it pretty well.  Lloyd and I had planned on going out that evening and decided to keep our plans so we wouldn't sit home moping.  We went to dinner at El Rancho.  It was our first time there and it was delicious!!  We headed to Candlestone for their comedy show and it was one of the best ones we've seen yet!  Then it was off to Silk City Saloon for a few drinks, dancing, a little karaoke (who knew I'd ever go so brave?!) and friends.  Cheryl met us there and we saw my brother, Terry, and a few friends from high school too!

[caption id="attachment_5206" align="aligncenter" width="216"]R.I.P. beautiful Ahb Bu Dah Be.  We will forever miss your crabby meows, random attacks and uber loud purring. R.I.P. beautiful Ahb Bu Dah Be. We will forever miss your crabby meows, random attacks and uber loud purring.[/caption]

Sunday ~ The morning was a bit rough as I had had a very good time the night before.  After some toast, aspirin and a shower, I was in much better shape.  My mother-in-law, Carol, and brother-in-law, Jake, came over.  The guys stayed at home while Carol, Lauryn and I headed out for a girls afternoon.  We went to lunch at Applebee's and then to the Butterfly Exhibit at Frederik Meijer Gardens.  We had a wonderful time!  The rest of the day was pretty relaxed.  We ordered pizza for dinner, the kids played outside for a while and then after they were in bed, Lloyd and I watched our Sunday shows :) 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about you kitty!! Hugs to you! Sounds like you had a fun weekend as well!