Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pizza Seasoning

A couple of years ago, after much trial and error, I came up with my own recipe for pizza sauce.  One of the ingredients was pizza seasoning, which came from a jar in my spice rack.  The pizza seasoning ran out a while ago, and I haven't found anything quite like it in the stores, so I decided to try to make some.  I looked at a few recipes online, to get some ideas, and I think I came up with a pretty good mixture.

Cari's Pizza Seasoning:

1 1/2 Tbsp. Dried Oregano

1 Tbsp. Dried Basil

1 tsp. Dried Rosemary

1/4 tsp. Dried Thyme

1 1/2 Tbsp. Dried Minced Onion

1/2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper

1/2 tsp. Sea Salt

1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder

1/2 tsp. Fennel Seeds

Roughly 1/8 tsp. Black Peppercorns

Since I don't have a spice mill or mortar and pestle, I ran it through my food processor, after using the back of an ice cream scoop to break down the peppercorns.  The combination of spices smells fantastic, even Lauryn thought so,  and I can't wait to see how it tastes in my pizza sauce.

[caption id="attachment_4783" align="aligncenter" width="300"]The front jar is the pizza seasoning all mixed up. The front jar is the pizza seasoning all mixed up.[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment