Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekend In Review

Weekend In Review
To share your weekend, please visit Jodi at:

Friday ~ Another snow day for Lauryn so we stayed home, played games and I made a fun little lunch complete with carrot flowers and pb and j's in the shape stars.  We use my fancy dishes to eat, just to make it a little more special.  The kids got to play with their new kitchenette I put together the night before and they were making me tons of "meals."  Lloyd came home a little bit early, because I was hearing how terrible the roads were and I was getting nervous about his drive.    We had leftover chili and rice for dinner and I made honey corn bread to go with it.
 


[caption id="attachment_4772" align="aligncenter" width="300"]All the pieces. All the pieces.[/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_4773" align="aligncenter" width="300"]After about 6 hours... After about 6 hours...[/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_4774" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Making meals for Mama Making meals for Mama[/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_4775" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Lunch Lunch[/caption]

 

 

 

 
Saturday ~ I did some laundry and a little cleaning while Lloyd did some work outside.  My mom came over in the evening so we could go out on our date night.  We started with a quick trip to Meijer, then went to Applebee's for a drink, then off to my friend Kathy's house for her princess birthday party.  We had such great time!  Lots of silly conversations and lots of great food. 
 


[caption id="attachment_4776" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Happy Birthday, Princess Kathryn! :) Happy Birthday, Princess Kathryn! :)[/caption]

 
Sunday ~ I didn't get much sleep because Lucas got up super early.  Shortly after Lloyd got up, I went back down for a nap.  Later, Lauryn and I ran a few errands, to pick up a few groceries and new winter coats for the kids.  Lloyd got the hardware up for our new curtains in the dining room and we put them up just before dinner.  We had crescent chicken with side salads for dinner.  Lauryn made the salads and she did a great job!  We spent the rest of the evening out together and watching a few "Sunday shows."

No comments:

Post a Comment