Saturday, April 5, 2014

Saturday 9

Can't Buy Me Love



Welcome to Saturday: 9.  What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions  every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random  questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants  posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your  choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!





50 years ago this week, The Beatles made history with this song (hear it here). They became the first and only act in history to hold all 5 of the top slots in the Billboard Hot 100.

1) In this song, Beatle Paul offers to buy his girl a diamond ring. Do you wear rings?

Yes, always.
2) This song was written by boyhood friends John Lennon and Paul McCartney, who went on to become the most successful songwriters of the 20th century. Tell us about  your best friend from "the old neighborhood." Do you know where he or she is today?

She is still my best friend, we get our kids together to play and we talk on the phone quite often.
3) The Ed Sullivan Theater, where the Beatles first performed to a mass American audience, is now the home of The Late Show with David Letterman. Do you have a favorite late night talk show?

No.
4) In 1964, when this song became #1, one of top TV shows was My Favorite Martian. Do you believe in life on other planets?

I'm not sure.  It's hard to believe there's not something going on out there. 
5) In those days, homes had rotary dial phones, often affixed to the wall, with the receiver always tethered by a curly cord. Does your home still have a landline phone?

No.
6) 1964 was the year GI Joe first appeared on toy shelves. Tell us about one of your favorite childhood toys.

I had a Barbie that I just loved.  I took her on a bike ride with me, accidentally dropped and ran her over.  I checked her out and she seemed fine so I took her back home.  When I was changing her clothes, I found that she only had one boob.  I'd smooshed the other one when I ran her over.  I was so freaked out!  I ran and showed my mom, who tried very hard not to laugh and to soothe me.  It's hilarious now but I remember being so upset about it.  :)
7) Ringo was the first Beatle to become a grandfather. His granddaughter, Tatia, is now a rock musician. If you were to follow your grandfather into his chosen profession, what would you be doing now?

A car salesman...or sales woman...whatever.

8) Paul McCartney admits he enjoys watching MasterChef. What show do you go out of your way to catch?

There's really nothing I go out of my way to watch.  There are shows I love but if I miss them, I can find them online and watch them some other time.

9) The paparazzi has often caught Paul pedaling a bike around Martha's Vineyard. What's your favorite form of exercise?

Right now it's dancing!  I've been doing these really fun dance workouts every day.  It's so much fun and you don't realize how much of a workout you're getting until your dripping with sweat and feeling it all over.  :)

16 comments:

  1. That Barbie story is wonderful! You can be excused for being upset because Barbie's breasts take up an inordinate percentage of her body, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your one-boobed Barbie story. I bet it did upset you, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A smooshed Barbie boob eh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, the horrors of the one-boobed Barbie! That's hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love dancing! it really is a workout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember that I told you that you would just have to pretend that she'd had a mastectomy! I don't remember what I said when the cat chewed both feet off of another of your dolls! Lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was at a mall a few weeks ago and there was this poor Barbie just sitting there by some plants. Some little girl must have been so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I danced to keep fit in my younger days! I used different methods to a variety of tunes. You're right - it is the ultimate workout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helena ~ I'm finding more and more songs/workouts and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harriet ~ Poor sweetie :( Hopefully she was able to go back and retrieve it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mom ~ I don't remember what you said about that either, I just remember she could never wear shoes again. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. lia ~ I'm having so much fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathy W ~ It was pretty horrifying when it happened but absolutely hilarious now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jodi ~ Yeah, it was pretty traumatic! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. CountryDew ~ I remember being heart broken when I saw she was "injured." Makes for a funny story now, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Gal Herself ~ Thank you! I'm sure this is one of those things that will just prepare me for majorly devastating problem my daughter might have with her toys in the future :)

    ReplyDelete