Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A New Interest

Since going to those Wine & Canvas classes, I've had an urge to paint more.  I found it to be so relaxing and I love to mix colors together to make different shades of the original color.  Below are the pictures I've done.

These three are a lot of fun to do!  After making the first one (greens), my friend Jodi asked me to do a purple one for her.  I loved how that turned out.  I went on to do the blue one and still might make more with different colors.  It's fun to see how different each one turns out.


3

I was curious to see if I could repeat the Wine & Canvas painting, without an instructor to show me step-by-step.  The flowers still have a bit of purple but I made them a little darker this time around.  This is an 8x10 version of the original one I did.


 

1

 

I saw a tutorial a few days ago on how to do dandelions.  I decided to give it a try and this was the outcome.  I'm not completely happy with it, but I did learn about using different colors to show where the light is coming from, and I'm planning on trying it again one of these days.


4

The birds on a branch is one of my favorites.  I love playing around with different shades of colors and this was a great picture for that.


 

2

I've been busy finding different paintings to try and I picked up a couple of books from the library to help me learn new techniques.  I would love to be able to really go at this on my own.  I feel like, even though I am doing these my way and changing colors, they aren't my own.  I have a lot to learn with all of this and I hope to paint picture that are completely, 100% original someday.  I'm having fun trying things out until I get there, though.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Still amazed by what you have done!!!! Can't wait to get together to get mine, and do your family pics!!!

    ReplyDelete