Saturday, November 30, 2013

Saturday 9

Back to Black




Welcome to Saturday: 9.  What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions  every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random  questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants  posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your  choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!



1) Black is this week's signature color because Friday, November 29, was "Black Friday," when retailers cut their prices and consumers flock to the stores. Did you score any "Black Friday" bargains?

Nope!  I don't do any Black Friday shopping.  I'd rather stay at nice and warm in my home, with my family.  I'm all for good deals but I don't want to deal with the crowds and the madness.

2) Legend has it that Black Friday began as a neighborhood phenomenon among storeowners in Philadelphia back in the early 1960s. What else comes to mind when you think of Philly?

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

3) Feasting and football are also popular Thanksgiving weekend pastimes. Do your Thursday-Sunday plans include pigging out or watching a game?

Thanksgiving is spent with my husbands family (the last head count was 91 people!), today my mom is coming over for Thanksgiving dinner with us, and tomorrow is the first family Christmas party with my husbands moms side of the family.  There will be lots of good food eaten this weekend.  Some of the guys watched the game Thursday, but I'm not into sports.

4) At Thanksgiving dinners, Crazy Sam's homemade gravy is always a hit. (Probably because  she's so generous with the cognac, which gives the gravy a nutty  taste.) Do you have a signature dish?

I always bring ham dip wraps.  Not exactly what I'd call a "signature dish" but Lloyd's family has been doing this forever so it's the only thing I can bring that no one else will be, and they go over really well.

5) Among the biggest the Black Friday advertisers are Target, Kohl's, Macy's and Best Buy. If you could have a $100 gift card to any one of those stores, which would you choose?

Kohl's.

6) You're in a public restroom that offers both paper towels and a hot air hand dryer. Which one do you choose?

Paper towels.  I find the hand dryers to be pretty much ineffective.

7) While Back to Black is the best-selling Amy Winehouse CD, her first was called Frank, named for her hero, Frank Sinatra. Tell us about someone you inspires you.

My mom inspires me.  She's had some incredibly hard times in her life, but she always did what she could for us and she's always been there for me.  

8) Do you consider yourself a pessimist or an optimist?

Optimist.

9) Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone (a verbal conversation -- not an exchange of texts)?

My mom. :)

3 comments:

  1. I think what you wrote about your mom was really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we feel the same way about the hand dryers lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. In reply to #7: I love you for writing this! It means so much and made my day! Thank you, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete