Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A New Tradition

We started a new Christmas Eve tradition this year.  We gathered a bag of Lauryn and Lucas's toys, ones they don't play with, and left them by the tree for Santa to take with him.  We leave him a bag of toys, and he brings new gifts.  I'd heard about this a while back and thought it was a great idea!  Our kids have been very fortunate, and have an insane amount of toys.  They don't play with quite a few of them, so this was a good way to clean out some clutter.  The toys that Santa took will be donated.  I told Lauryn about leaving the toys for Santa and she wondered what he would do with them.  I told her that he would take them back to the North Pole with him, make them all shiny and new again, and deliver them to good boys and girls around the world next year.  She thought that was a neat idea, was happy to go through all of their toys with me, deciding which ones would be good for Santa to take, and we filled a garbage bag full.  I'm so proud of my sweet girl and I think this will be a great new tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment