Monday, December 30, 2013

Buckeye's

I've been meaning to post the recipes to all of the Christmas goodies I made this year. I got a lot of nice compliments on the goodie plates I made and a few people have asked for the recipes, so I'm starting with the Buckeye's.  I ended up making three batches!  I'll post the original recipe I used but I did end up using less powdered sugar in the second and third batch because the first batch seemed a little dry.  Using less powdered sugar (the recipes calls for 4 cups, I used 3-3 1/2) made them so much creamier.

 

1 1/2 cups  creamy peanut butter                                                    

1/2 cup butter, softened                                             


1 teaspoon vanilla extract                                  


4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar                                           


6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips                                            


2 tablespoons shortening


Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.

In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and confectioners' sugar with hands to form a smooth stiff dough. Shape into balls using 2 teaspoons of dough for each ball. Place on prepared pan, and refrigerate.

Melt shortening and chocolate together in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.

Remove balls from refrigerator. Insert a wooden toothpick into a ball, and dip into melted chocolate. Return to wax paper, chocolate side down, and remove toothpick. Repeat with remaining balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.

IMG_4868

 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't made these in such a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi ~ I'm so glad I tried them this year! They're awesome!

    ReplyDelete