Friday, January 3, 2014

My Little Ballerina

Today we took Lauryn to a sweet little shop in Grand Rapids, called Kicks Dancewear, to buy her first leotard, ballet slippers and tap shoes.  She LOVES to dance so we're enrolling her at The Flat River Dance Company.  She'll start in pre-ballet.  They'll be learning ballet, tap and creative movement.  I am so excited for her.  We discussed it, I emailed some questions to the director and had all the answers before we even mentioned it to her.  When we did, she was thrilled!  Our neighbors granddaughter, who has been in ballet for a couple of years, taught Lauryn a couple of moves, and she does them all of the time.  I think this is going to be such an awesome experience for her.  :)

I had another good day on this weight loss journey.  I did 20 minutes on the elliptical again, stepping it up with the tension to burn a few more calories, and 40 minutes on the Wii Fit.  I could feel yesterdays work out and, even though I was sore, it felt great!  I know I've got a long way but I can't wait to see some results! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment