Thursday, March 27, 2014

Getting Into Canning Again

I swear, once I start canning, I don't want to stop!  The other morning I woke up, just itching to do some canning.  I realized that we were down to three jars of chicken soup and since we LOVE it, I wanted to make some more.  The bonus was that I had everything, spices, veggies, jars, lids, etc., but the chicken.  So $8-ish later and I was getting started on the chicken soup.  I use the recipe that I got from Diane, The Canning Diva.  I took a class she taught, last February, and that's what we made.  It's delicious!  As long as I can help it, we will never be without it!  It's great alone or, my favorite, over egg noodles.  You can find the recipe and many more HERE on The Canning Diva's site. :)

[caption id="attachment_4825" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Pressure cooker at 10 lbs of pressure.  Perfect! Pressure cooker at 10 lbs of pressure. Perfect![/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_4824" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Straight out of the pressure cooker.  Delish! Straight out of the pressure cooker. Delish![/caption]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment